Muruku - an Indian Snack


























My Indian girlfriend wouldn't let me show her picture teaching me how to make this Indian snack. Just the ingredients she said. Anyway, we had the greatest time making this together. The result was the freshest muruku I ever tasted !! She said she never buy store bought muruku... now I know why. Anyway, this snack is really quite effortless when we made it. I shall post recipe soon, there are about 3 types of muruku each with a different name and spice to it.

Recipe:
Muruku/Ribbon Pakoda

3 cups of rice flour
1 cup chickpea flour (garam flour)

A dash of asafetida (as seen in the canister)

A dash of ajwain (Indian spice)

Water to make a dough

Chili powder

Salt

Mix ingredients to make a dough. Using a muruku press (as seen in picture), press into hot oil. Fry till golden brown. Drain excess oil and serve.

Comments

Popular Posts