Singapore Fried Noodles




How this dish came about, I have no idea. I came to know this dish only in America. If you are in Singapore and you order Fried Noodles, this isn't it. My guess is this dish came from Hongkong because the people in Hongkong associate curry flavors with Singapore. This to me really is Fried Noodles with Curry flavour ! I've grown to like this and believe it or not, it has become a regular dish in my family cause it's really good when you make it with my curry - My Dad's Curry powder.
Recipe:
1 pkt of rice noodles
2 cups of bean sprouts
1 cup of spring onion
1 cup of julienne carrots
1/2 cup of sliced onion
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 cup of good quality curry powder
1 cup of chicken (sliced, or shrimps)
1/2 cup of vegetable oil
3 tbs of soya sauce
1/2 cube of knorr chicken stock
salt to taste
Method:
Soak rice noodles in a pot of lukewarm water for about 5 mins. Drain and set aside.
In a wok over high heat, add vegetable oil and saute garlic, chicken, onion and carrots. Add 1/2 cube of knorr chicken stock. Add curry powder and stir fry for 1-2 mins. Add the rice noodles and fry until all of the rice noodles are evenly coated with the curry sauce. Add bean sprouts and soya sauce. Sprinkle some salt to taste. Garnish with green onions.
Serve hot !

Comments

Popular Posts