Vietnamese Beef Carpaccio (Bo Tai Chanh)




A friend from work, Cecilia Nguyen introduced me to this Vietnamese dish. On one of our many conference calls (Ceci lives in Texas), Ceci told me about the Wide Leaf Watercress and that her sister who is a fantastic cook makes a really great dish with it. So I stumbled upon this wide leaf organic watercress at the Asian Grocery store last weekend and begged Ceci for her sister's recipe. This is what she sent me and here it is, I made it for lunch this week and it was OUTTA this world !! The beef was medium rare, so tender and light. The vegetables were so fragrant. Thank You Cecilia & sister ! (I'll post your mom's shaken beef when I get to make it).

Recipe:
1/2 lb Filet Mignon ( I had shaved beef from Korean store)
2 lemons
2 tbs Vietnamese Fish Sauce (Ceci said to buy the Squid Label)
1/2 cup chopped herbs - I used Mint, cilantro, chives (basil and vietnamese coriander (rau ram) can be added).


1 bunch of watercress (or any romain lettuce)
1 chili pepper chopped

Method:
Prepare dressing: In a bowl, mix the Fish Sauce, lemons and chili pepper.

Poach the beef in water quickly - medium rare, drain excess water.

In a salad bowl, add the chopped herbs, watercress, beef. Add the dressing and toss.

Put on a plate and serve !! Yummy !

Comments

Popular Posts