Pandan Chiffon Cake


























I remember one of my sisters made this when I was in high school. It tasted so good but we never made it again. Recently, Ina Garten made a Chocolate Angel cake and it reminded me of this Pandan Chiffon Cake. I decided to bring back memories.

My family was impressed for the first time. I never made this ever, this was my first attempt and it turned out perfectly. What can I say, I have the inborn talent to create any food I like.
Since then, we have made over a dozen Pandan Chiffon cake (even Megan makes them). This recipe is tested and tested and will turn out perfectly ! Try it.

Recipe:
8 egg yolks large room temperature
1 cup of coconut milk (take the cream from the top if you are using the can coconut)
4 tbs of pandan essence (green color and smell of pandan)
1 1/4 cup cake flour, sifted (not the self rising flour)
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 cup of sugar
9 egg whites
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp of cream of tartar

Method:
Cook the coconut milk and 1 cup of sugar over medium heat until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat to cool for 2 minutes.
On a tray, sift flour and baking powder together. Leave aside.

In a mixing bowl, beat egg yolks, coconut milk, pandan essence. Whisk in the flour until all lumps are gone.

In an electric mixer, beat egg white, cream of tartar and 1/4 cup sugar until very stiff that when you lift up the whisk, it picks up the egg white. Gently fold the egg white into the egg yolk mixture.

In an Angel Food pan, layer bottom with parchment paper and spray pam on the pan. Pour the mixture into the pan and bake for 40 -45 mins in a 350 deg F.
You can serve it with a dollop of whip cream !
I put a cellophane wrapper, ribbon and gave it as a gift to a friend ! Its beautiful !

Comments

Popular Posts